Bruno is also M. Sc. cum laude in Biology with experience and academic background in animal ecology, conservation biology and environmental education. His images and words have been published in several countries in books, magazines, calendars and brochures.
Among his clients: National Geographic, GEO, BBC Wildlife, Terre Sauvage, WWF, etc. His stock images represented worldwide by the Nature Picture Library. Bruno has been on assignment for the “Wild Wonders of Europe” project in 2009 and is an associate member of the prestigious international League of Conservation Photographers. His last book, “The last Stronghold”, which focuses on bears and wilderness of the Tatra mountains has been released this year. His projects took him to visit several countries and work in four continents.
AWARDS AND EXHIBITS
• Highly commended at the European Nature Photographer of the Year in 2007 (one image) AND 2010 (two images)
• Category winner at the GDT – Nature Photographer of the Year in 2006
• Finalist at the BG/Shell/Veolia Wildlife Photographer of the Year in 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010
• Two-people exhibition about the endangered wildlife of the Apennines at the Europarc Conference 2010 in the Abruzzo National Park, Italy. (2010)
• Solo exhibition about the endangered wilderness of Tichá (Slovakia) at the “Clik-Up” Festival in Taormina, Italy (2009)
• Solo exhibition about the endangered wilderness of Tichá (Slovakia) at the “Progetto Fotografia” event in Bassano del Grappa, Italy (2009)
• Two-people exhibition “natürlich Berlin!” about the urban wildlife in the city of Berlin, Germany (2007)
• Group exhibition (GDT Berlin-Brandenburg) about the nature of Brandenburg (Germany) in the Zoological Garden of Berlin. (2006)
• Solo “best of” exhibition in the “Galleria Stella” in Rome, Italy (2003)
More images and info at www.brunodamicis.com
Books by Bruno D’Amicis